10 Best Laptops of 2017 Under 1000 Dollars
Can I possibly get a good deal of a laptop within thousand dollar budget? Few years back it was answered as; ”nearly impossible”, but in this time when the technology is evolving leaps & bounds prominent brands are introducing number of possibilities therefore you can expect a lot under the same budget. It is actually appreciative that we now have quite rational, inexpensive and high-tech options to choose which are bundled with advanced components we couldn’t imagine back then. High-end processors like Intel core i7 or i5 can be your best buys and that too of latest generation. Alongside; abundant hard drive space and ample of RAM are offered. Thus, one can get their hands-on to a nice high-end machine with numerous promising features without burning a hole in your pocket.
A fighting fit laptop that does about anything and everything you wish for would rather require you to expand the budget range nevertheless a $1000 do not just restrict you to few choices –all hail to affordable laptop makers.
So first thing’s first there are some important considerations when you are hunting for a laptop followed with a list of 10 best laptops available in 2017.
Choosing the best laptops under 1000 dollar certainly have to be explicit about the needs. The difference between one generation processor and the next is almost negligible for an average user and it is completely unnecessary to devote extra bucks to catch up with most up to date processor unless you are dealing with serious graphic design business or editing hours of video or into heavy gaming. See most people do not need to worry about processors anymore hence, previous (two or three gen old) versions would do just about fine in terms of speed and efficiency.
All the rage about RAM, hard drive disk space, Bluetooth, wireless networking etc. is true to some extent. We all know running multiple applications flawlessly and to access data without seeing any delay RAM is a key feature in laptops but don’t just follow the trend hastily. Try balancing your requirements with the budget and it will be easy to get hold of one of the best laptops with a configuration that particularly satisfies your needs. You can buy fairly decent laptop and cut down the cost at the same time.
I have put together a selection of great gaming laptops and other use best laptops of 2017 which meet your needs and come under your four-figure budget without intimidating immediate obsolescence.
1. ASUS K501UW-AB78
- Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.1GHz). Skylake
- 15.6 inches Matte FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution. Windows 10 Operating System.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming graphic card; 8GB RAM; 512GB SSD Storage. Backlit keyboard.
- Gigabit Dual-Band 802.11AC ultra-fast Wi-Fi.
- 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x Headphone-out & Audio-in Combo Jack, 1x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1x HDMI, 1x Card Reader
Inexpensive with premium features.
Lack luster design, battery drains quickly.
Here is a perfect blend of extreme gaming and general use laptop. Undoubtedly it is one of those best laptops of 2017 which can be used both ways in the same smooth manner; either you are sitting in your office dealing with heavy media tasks or playing insanely fun PC games. It features latest Skylake Intel core i7 processor and NVidia GeForce graphic card. Overall it is an excellent bargain for an entry level gaming laptop which outputs productive performance.
2. ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71
ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 15-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 2GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1TB (ROG Metallic)
- Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz. 16GB RAM; 1TB 7200RPM Storage.
- 15.6 inches Matte IPS FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming graphic card.
- GameFirst III technology prioritizes the flow of the game data across your network.
- Feature the latest USB3.1 Type-C port for more convenient connectivity options.
- 100 solder points for durability and solid-feel, one piece keyboard with 1.8mm of key travel, gives you responsive keystrokes when typing and entering commands; The slide-off upgrade panel offers instant access, fit an M.2 SSD, a bigger hard drive or upgrade memory.
Powerful performance 6th generation i7 which is packed with full high-end features it is extremely a good bargain.
The only down side is 1TB HDD for a gaming laptop.
If you love playing Pc games this one is for you…it’s a real gaming gizmo. It is able to deliver almost everything a gamer would need like a 15 inch full HD resolution and IPS panel therefore the colors does not fluctuate from different angles. Asus ROG is powered by an Intel core i7 processor with 16 GB of RAM. The NVidia GeForce GTX 960M graphics card along with 2GB RAM allows you to practically play any game you want. It has 1TB hard drive disk space which can be of concern for many of you but for a budget of $1000 it is one of the best gaming laptops of 2017.
3. Apple MacBook Air MJVE2LLA
Apple MacBook Air MJVE2LL/A 13-inch Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5,4GB RAM,128 GB SSD Hard Drive, Mac OS X)
39 used from $ 629.00
- Long battery life
- Thin, light, powerful
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi support
- Fast all-flash storage
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
Super sleek and fast laptop powered by Intel core i5 of Broadwell generation is a best travel buddy for average laptop users.
The sore side of this laptop is less hard drive disk space while competitors are offering more in the same price.
That laptop seeker who wants to carry an efficient machine while they are on the go must consider Apple MacBook Air MJVE2LLA. If you are looking for a compact and sharp designed laptop Apple MacBook Air MJVE2LLA sure is one of the best laptops of 2017. Its 13.3” display and light weight makes it ultra-portable falling right under your budget of $1000. Unfortunately, you might have to depend on online storage or carry an external hard disk which is expensive.
4. MSI GL72 6QD-001
MSI GL72 6QD-001 17.3" GAMING LAPTOP NOTEBOOK Geforce GTX 950M i5-6300HQ 8GB 1TB
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core Processor (2.3-3.2GHz)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz | Hard Drive: 1TB (5400RPM)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX950M | Display: 17.3" Full HD eDP Non Reflective
- Special Features: Steel Series Keyboard | USB 3.0 Type C
Fully encumbered with latest technology MSI GL72 6QD-001 definitely takes your extreme gaming experience to next level.
Shorter battery life and minor hardware breakage seems to be a problem for users.
Not everyone could afford the Dell Alienware series of gaming laptops. Many followed the trendsetter but successively MSI came up with low priced gaming laptops which widely stretched its number of customers around the world. A wide display of 17.3” is a Skylake Quad core i5 with NVidia GeForce GTX 950M DD3 graphic card and 8GB RAM is an eye candy for gaming performance.
5. HP ENVY x360 2-in-1
Newest HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Ultra Performance Laptop | FHD 1900x1080| Latest Intel Core i5-6200U | 8GB Memory | 1TB Hard Drive
2 used from $ 635.00
- 2.3GHz 6th generation Intel Core i5-6200U with turbo boost up to 2.8GHz Dual Core
- 15.6" diagonal Full HD IPS WLED-backlit touch screen (1920 x 1080) Energy-efficient LED backlight
- 8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM) /1TB 5400RPM hard drive / windows 10 / No DVD/CD drive / Backlit keyboard
- 2 USB 3.0 / 1 USB 2.0 / HDMI / 3-cell, 48 WHr lithium-ion / 2x2 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth
Moderately priced attractive laptop has more than enough computing power for everyday use.
Below average battery life and it’s Hard to play 3d games on it.
Searching for a good laptop is not an easy job to when you have great competition in the market. HP ENVY x360 convertible is fastest enough to do whatever you want to. Its unique four-mode design exclusively features stand mode to watch, tent mode to play, notebook mode to work and tablet mode to go so always get a perfect view.
6. Lenovo Z70 80FG0037US
Lenovo Z70 17.3 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i7, 16 GB, 1TB HDD, Black) - Free Upgrade to Windows 10
- Intel Core i7-5500U 2.4 GHz Processor
- 16 GB DDR3 RAM
- 1TB HDD Storage; DVDRW
- 17.3 inches 1920x1080 pixels LED-lit Screen
- Windows 8.1 Operating System; Black Chassis
Great combination of Intel core i7 with 16 GB of RAM and powerful graphic card; perfect for gaming.
Uncomfortable keyboard with no back light.
Lenovo Z70 is not at all promoted as a gaming laptop but to our astonishment it gives a smooth play of various games that are in demand nowadays. Having a glance at its specs you can clearly articulate it is one of the best laptops under 1000 dollar and is definitely worthy of every cent you would spend on it. We certainly know a thing that gaming laptops can put a deep dent in your wallet so why not go for one that is offered under$1000 with superlative performance?
7. Apple MacBook Air MJVM2LLA 11 Inch Laptop
Apple MacBook Air MJVM2LL/A 11.6-Inch laptop(1.6 GHz Intel i5, 128 GB SSD, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000, Mac OS X Yosemite)
17 used from $ 599.95
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 4 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM; 128 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 11.6-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- OS X Yosemite, Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
Strong performance, good battery life and Light weight design.
RAM is not decent enough, No SD card slots and less screen resolution.
When we are talking about best laptops in less than thousand dollars MacBook Air MJVM2LLA comes to mind instantly. Although it is ultraportable and the brand quality is invincible but 4GB RAM is not sufficient to run multiple heavy applications at all. It is a best laptop for ones who wishes to remain in their budget and loves durable robust travel friendly notebooks. Consequently it is portable and affordable.
8. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280
Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 15.6-Inch Laptop (2 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U, 12GB DDR3L, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1)
4 used from $ 520.00
- 4th Gen 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U Dual Core Processor (4MB Cache, up to 2.6GHz), Intel HD Graphics
- 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 1TB Hard Drive (5400 RPM, Serial ATA), No DVD
- 15.6-inch TruBrite LED Backlit 1366x768 (HD) Display, HDMI with 4K Ultra HD output capability, Webcam
- 802.11 AC Wireless(support Gigabit WiFi), Bluetooth 4.0, Media card reader,
- Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10
Mix of power packed features; the storage (1TB), strong processor, and portability are notable.
We expected everything to be pretty top-notch but poor pixel resolution i-e 1366×768 was a disappointment.
Meeting customers’ needs and going an extra mile to make them happy creates a huge difference, we are glad Toshiba took that step and innovated in such a manner. Toshiba satellite S55-B5280 has the most comfortable structure to begin with. For a full size laptop it has got brilliant battery life which is usually a main concern for users looking for best laptops in a specified budget bracket. You won’t feel any lag in the work because Toshiba ensured ample of RAM and i7 Intel core processor.
9. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series Convertible 2 in 1
Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series 13.3-Inch Convertible 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop (i7348-4286SLV)
7 used from $ 450.00
- Intel Core i5-5200U Processor (3M Cache, 2.2 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR3
- 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- Windows 8.1; Free upgrade to Windows 10 when available
- 13.3 in Full HD IPS LED touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
Pretty solid system with longest battery life enduring uninterrupted browsing is sure desirable.
Too large and heavy. It cannot be truly used as a tablet.
Those likes the idea of a hybrid laptop would be happy to own Dell Inspiron 13 7000 convertible because it gives you the experience of both laptop and tablet. From what I know dell has been famous for its sturdy solid construct and here is another well-built example of it. Users find it to be too large for to be used as tablet but on the good side it is pretty compelling with Intel core processor i5, 8GB RAM and perhaps makes it stand out among powerful tablets.
10. MSI GL72 6QF-405
MSI GL72 6QF-405 17.3" GAMING LAPTOP NOTEBOOK Geforce GTX 960M i7-6700HQ 8GB 1TB
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz
- 8 GB
- 1024 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
- 17.3-Inch Screen
Solid core gaming performance and reasonably priced.
Low display brightness, no keyboard backlight, no IPS options.
MSI really appeared as a brand who took affordability and extreme performance sincerely and it has earned them a great number of loyal customers. With a big screen of 17.3”, NVidia GeForce GTX 960M and powerful processor i7 it turn out to be one of the best gaming laptops. Off course few features for a genuine gaming laptop has been trimmed to lower prices thus bringing it to more affordable levels. So all the gamers on smaller budget can easily purchase a powerful hardware that pretty much plays every game you toss at it.