10 Best Headphones of all Times – 2017
Success of a best wireless headphone is that they create, in a public space, a spot of privacy. Getting that sound right can make all the difference in the world and turn your boring ride into a super exciting one. Headphones have become a big business since everyone now own some of kind of portable device so having headphones is then a must. Walking down the street you will notice just about everyone is locked into their own little worlds listening absorbedly to headphones that are plugged onto hottest smart phone/tablet or maybe some mp3 player. We have to admit this digital revolt has come out fiercely; for that reason you cannot avoid falling for it or you will be left behind. So be there or be square!
However, buying headphones can be really daunting because there is so more than what you see. There is a whole lot of science that goes in to it to craft a pair of best headphones which sound a particular way. Now the sound can be tuned in an infinite number of ways, and to experience full audio quality it is essential to match up headphones with the type of music you prefer listening before pinning them to your ears. You simply don’t pick out headphones solely by looking at brand or its appearance.
Mainly there are three styles of headphones available nowadays. In-ear headphones are the smallest yet most portable form but on the bad side they might fall out pretty easily. If you are looking for greater sound quality you can go for On-ear headphones. They don’t sore you out and sits nicely on ears; also you don’t feel completely cut out from outside noise because some of it would still be audible, likewise people around can hear a little of your music too. Then we have over-ear or full size headphones that surround your ears perfectly giving you total isolation and supreme sound clarity.
While these are all good things to understand but you don’t want to buy your headphones without actually having to know about them. We have lined up best of the best high-end headphones in market. Although they tend to be little costly but if you are willing to spend you can get a bang for your buck.
BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35
Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones, Black
15 used from $ 308.88
- World-class noise cancellation makes quiet sound quieter and music sound better
- Volume-optimized EQ for balanced audio performance at any volume
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- 20-hour battery life per charge; up to 40 hours in wired mode
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear calls even in windy environments
Up-till now Bose QuietComfort 35 is ranked the best wireless noise cancelling headphone around the globe. Undoubtedly it has a great combination of style, comfort and state-of-the-art technology that’s outputs unsurpassed sound excellence that’s very hard to achieve. The noise cancelling aids you to enjoy audio even at lower volumes without compromising your ears lucidness. Long life battery ensures all day long use. These headphones are free of chords so those who don’t want dangling and tangling cables everywhere are highly recommended to invest their money in Bose QuietComfort 35.
Offers ultimate audio quality with noise cancellation without wire. Impressive streaming and battery life.
SONY MDR1A PREMIUM
Sony MDR1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones (Black)
13 used from $ 171.97
- Sound Reproduction up to 100 kHz, 40 mm driver units with ALCP for articulate audio reproduction, 4-conductor cable for better signal separation and resulting sound quality, Ergonomic ear pads for powerful response and long-term comfort
- Compatible with 3 optional cables engineered with Kimber Kable, Silver coated OFC cable minimizes signal transmission loss, Beat Response Control for improved bass and transient response, Enfolding structure for wrap-around feel and improved acoustic seal
- Inward axis structure delivers optimum fit, Silent joints won't disturb your audio experience, In-line remote and microphone for hands-free phone calling, Carrying pouch
You can experience first class audio performance through Sony MDR-1A with deep lows and well defined clear highs. It is a nicely upgraded version which precisely focused on the points where it was required. Faux leather coated ear pads ensures the design is attractive and material used is luxurious and durable. It comes with two detachable chords one is for in line remote and microphone for smartphone users. The ear cups fits impeccably on your ears and rotation is also appropriate. It definitely renders best value for.
Delivers ultra-responsive high definition audio.
A little overpriced, not suggested for people who prefer pure accurateness.
SENNHEISER MOMENTUM 2.0
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation- Black
13 used from $ 302.37
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built-in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
There is not much difference in this version than the previous one. Back then people found its ear pads to be little uncomfortable which results in sore ears thus in momentum 2.0 this flaw is fixed by using significant larger cups and pads. In terms of sound quality the bass seems to be impressive without unbalancing and this ears them good points yet you cannot enjoy maximum accuracy representation with them. If enjoyment and comfort is more of a concern to you than precision then these are the best headphones for you.
Top notch comfort, full size, style driven
Lacks accuracy of sound
BOSE SOUNDSPORT WIRELESS HEADPHONES
Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones, Black
3 used from $ 138.99
- A high-quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear+ tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the User Guide before use.
Bose is very popular brand for making some great audio gears and SoundSport is yet another marvel. They are in-ear best headphones; ridiculously big in size but its hard shiny plastic casing is sweat & weather resistant and well-built to use during harsh workouts and exercise. Usually headphones shaped like ear buds cause pain but they have extremely soft tips and yes wireless, so bye-bye pain, bye-bye cables. Battery gives straight 7 hour usage-incredible. However, unlike Bose’s other best headphones it doesn’t offer noise cancelling thus outside din can be clearly heard. Overall SoundSport gives solid output, secure and stable; certainly worth buying.
Amazing battery life, wireless, weather resistant; in short a best buy for sport oriented people.
Protuberant ear phones
AUDEZE SINE ON-EAR PLANAR MAGNETIC HEADPHONES
Audeze SINE On-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones with Integrated Lightning Cable for Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad
2 used from $ 282.37
- The World's First On-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones - Experience better bass, better transients, and the lowest distortion through a crafted blend of modern industrial design, top-quality build, and leading edge planar magnetic technology.
- With Lightning Cable for Apple Users - Our 24-bit lightning cable brings a significantly better sound through its built-in amplifier, DAC and DSP that lets you bypass the internal system in your iPhone, iPod or iPad. Also offers a SIRI-compatible microphone for voice calls.
- Customize With The Audeze iOS App - Personalize your music playback with a 10-band equalizer that changes EQ in real time, and refine bass levels and tamp down highs on peaky recordings with the exclusive Audeze iOS app
- Audeze For Everyone - From the makers of the elite Audeze LCD series headphones, the award-winning SINE On-Ear Headphones are the next step up for many conventional headphone users made by the brand everyone is talking about, featuring incredibly accurate, well balanced, distortion-free sound.
- Made in the USA, designed by BMW - SINE On-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones are designed, engineered, and assembled in our Southern California factory. Custom aluminum frame, floating headband, and closed-back headphone style designed by our strategic partner Designworks, a BMW group subsidiary. Lightweight, incredibly comfortable, and fold down flat for travel
Okay this one is invincible; truly high-end, jam packed with latest technology-the clearest best headphones ever built. As a top head gear crafter Audeze took headphones to next level: planar magnetic drivers’ produces higher fidelity sound and least distortion than traditionally it would & to that it adds inexpensive dynamic cans. What totally blows up your mind is that it is built from top- notch quality materials so you can completely enjoy the presentation all the way through seamlessly.
Rock solid headphones with superlative performance. Highly accurate sound production.
Pricey compared to conventional headphones offered.
BEATS STUDIO WIRELESS
Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone (Matte Black)
As simple as that “drop dead gorgeous”, moving on to the design it seems pretty slim but it is nowhere near fragile. Even after longer hours of usage your head don’t feel heated up at all and it’s just great isn’t it? The sound quality is just too darn good it can effortlessly handle any genre of music. One thing that cannot be ignored is that the bass is enhanced to the levels where it starts dulling out the mids and highs which is a turn big turn off. In general it is one of the best headphones till now.
Flexible ear hook, easy to use and sleek smooth design
Gets heavy on bass, expensive.
Beyerdynamic T51i Portable Headphones, Silver/Black
9 used from $ 149.91
- 3-button Apple remote control and microphone for smart phone and media playback, Apple compatible
- Tesla technology with highest efficiency with excellent isolation for undisturbed listening and communication
- Powerful sound quality with brilliant treble and deep bass reproduction
- Swiveling ear cups 90 Degree for easy storage and includes nylon carrying case, 1/4" jack adaptor, In-flight adaptor, and adapter for non Apple compatible devices
- 2 year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
If you are all up for portability and comfort Beyerdynamic T51i is for you. Its light weight, comfortable structure and fashionable look certainly make an ultimate choice for folks who are always on the run. You get crystal clear sound, isolation from outer world and satisfying performance. For the price you won’t find anything better than t51i to take with you everywhere.
Convenience & travel friendly with good sound.
Fixed cable in this time is a big turn off.
BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 25 ACOUSTIC NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES
Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices - Black
20 used from $ 149.00
- Significant Noise Reduction For Travel
- Deep, Powerful Sound For The Music You Love
- Inline Mic/remote For Music And Calls
- Designed specifically for use with select iPod, iPhone and iPad models
- These headphones are compatible with most Android, Windows and BlackBerry smartphones
The name says it all “QuietComfort”, Bose ensures active noise cancelling anywhere and everywhere literally even when you are on plane-this is obviously miraculous. There is no bass boost which renders soft smooth clearer sound quality instead of receiving the entire roar from outside.
Unquestionably eliminates all outside reverberation. AAA battery.
Despite everything that sounds more than perfect price can be an issue for some.
AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-M50X PROFESSIONAL
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
24 used from $ 110.69
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Detachable cable
These are fairly large over ear headphones that are most popular among engineers and professionals. It is a best headphone for critical professional users with large aperture drivers, sound isolating feature and detachable cables. It’s a well thought robust design that seals tightly on your ears, giving long sessions of work without hurting your ear normalcy. They are highly recommended for audio professionals/engineers for rigorous use.
Truly professional, well balanced sound, good imaging, high-end
Isolation could have been improved.
HIFIMAN HE-400I OVER EAR
HIFIMAN HE-400I Over Ear Full-size Planar Magnetic Headphones
19 used from $ 198.91
- Delivers a balanced 93dB of sound
- Ortho dynamic (aka planar magnetic) drivers
- Extremely comfortable oversized design
- Products purchased from unauthorized dealers (including those on the Amazon third-party marketplace) will not be covered under the manufacturer's warranty
HiFiMan is one those few brands out there which wraps up wonderful top class performing headphones. This is again their successful most adored headphone based on planar magnetic driver –which is indisputably big innovation we are seeing around. For the efficiency, sound accuracy and outstanding performance the price is not much.
Binds quality and comfort, distortion free fantastic sound
Irritating Small chord